Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall 2009 Schedule

Here is a picture of our latest schedule: The truth is I am always adjusting our schedule. Right now we do not have set times for each subject- that would be like hitting my head against the wall. I do have goals of when we start and when we finish, but with two toddlers (18 months and almost 3) I just know that each day is not going to be the same. I try to start school by 9 a.m. and be finished by 2 p.m. We can get about 1-1.5 hours of work done in the morning before the toddlers start going crazy, and then we take a break usually by walking or driving to a park (where we can do nature study without anyone realizing we are doing school). Then we come home to have lunch, and once my youngest is down for her nap we finish up anything left over. I also only have 4 days of school scheduled, with one day (usually Friday) set aside for field trips, catch up, grocery shopping, or nothing- which doesn't happen enough!!

Really, because Charlotte Mason emphasized short lessons, and with about 9-10 things we do each day at about 15 minutes each, that is 2 hours (at the most) of sit-down, mom-teaching, lesson stuff we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment