Monday, October 19, 2009

The Art of the Brick

We decided to start our week off with a trip to Park City to the Kimball Art Center to see the Nathan Sawaya exhibit. It was awesome and we had a great time. A sample from the exhibit (I don't remember the titles):

After the tour through the exhibit, we went downstairs to the art room for a project.
A & N created a Mini-Art of the Brick exhibit when we got home, with copied and originals pieces, and was fabulous!Artist's self-portrait
What was neat about the self-portrait is that you could also see the back. It looked way different from what I had thought it would.
And who am I kidding? The girls and I spent our time entertaining ourselves on the stairs, hanging from the banister, and playing outside (and running down the long hallway, but shhhh don't tell anyone).

2 comments:

  1. We just had an exhibit of Art of the Brick that we attended last month. The boys loved it!

    Looks like you had a great time too.

    Barb-Harmony Art Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb-
    When I first heard about the exhibit, it sounded so familiar, and I finally realized this was because I had read about it on your blog!

    We did have a great time!

    ReplyDelete