Because I knew this week would be a variety of different weather days I decided we would keep track of the weather for the whole week. I made us all a chart to put into our journals - the columns were temperature, wind, rain, and describe weather. I wrote out what the weather was like, and my kids drew pictures.

We hung a thermometer by a front window where we hope it will not blow away. So far its still there, and we've had some really windy days.

Of course, we also had snow a couple of days. I know this past winter we learned about snowflakes and Snowflake Bentley, but I couldn't find anything in my past posts so I guess I didn't blog about it.
On the first day it snowed the kids headed out with black paper and magnifying glasses (dressed in pajamas and a costume too!) to closely examine the snowflakes.



Love your chart. :)
ReplyDeleteI can hardly believe you have snow...you are not the only one this week but it is not even close to being time for snow here yet.
Great OH study this week.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom