Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cattails in Winter

Outdoor Hour Challenge - Winter Series - Cattails in Winter

We reviewed our Cattail pages from the Autumn Series and talked about how the cattails we brought home exploded in the kitchen one day - seeds everywhere!! I also reviewed the pages in the handbook Of Nature Study.

We did not spend much time outside for this challenge - its still pretty cold around here!! And my two toddlers pretty much turn into posicles as soon as we get outside. After getting up close for a few minutes, We sat in the car and discussed the questions in the challenge at Handbook of Nature Study.


Journal Pages: While we were drawing we discussed the different parts of the cattail plant. We looked at a student's diagram I found at Google Images to help us. The diagram is about halfway down the museum page.
A-
N-
Me-

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! You got out to observe your cattails in the winter....great job and very encouraging to me to hear that you are sticking with your nature study even in the cold weather.

    I *love* your journals. Are you a member of the Flickr nature journal group? These need to go in. Email me if you don't know what I am talking about.

    Thanks so much for sharing your day!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you submit this one to the OHC Blog Carnival?

    Pretty please?
    http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_9182.

    Thanks,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb- I submitted this one and the Winter Tree Study today! I'm excited to see all the entries!

    Thanks- Kels

    ReplyDelete