Monday, November 9, 2009

Organization

Our current schedule (yellow paper) is on the wall. In the totes below the schedule I have all the school books we are using divided by day, with each day separated by a colored sheet of cardstock. Each day I pull out the books we will need and then put them back as we complete each subject. For example, on Moday I pull out Famous Men, Backyard Scientist, and the American Tall Tales book. I know from the schedule that we will need to listen to Beethoven during lunch, get out supplies for our science project, and see if there are any people or events from the past week which we need to add to our timeline. We have been listening to the Redwall series in the car, but sometimes we bring the discs inside as well. My school age kids each have their own tote which holds their individual books and notebooks, such as math workbooks, books they are reading, and their notebooks for copywork, history, science, etc.
In our school area we have 4 small bookshelves and they are all covered with books, mostly books the kids can read or look at any time they want, though I have a couple shelves for my notebooks, library books, future books for school, and other totes for several subjects. For example, one tote holds our nature guide books, compasses, flower presses, and anything we might need for nature studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment