Outdoor Nature Challenge- Crop Plants: Pumpkins
We are a few challenges behind because of our vacation, but it worked out for this challenge. Before our vacation there wasn't a pumpkin for sale anywhere and now, a couple weeks later, the store's are full of them. Also, I selected the wrong picture size when uploading so I hope you can see them okay.
We planted pumpkins a few months ago, but this little seedling is our best result, which was accidentally plucked from the ground when we were trying to pick a leaf. 

Our pumpkin
My kids love these little pumpkins and the gourds. They are a great price at the local stores right now so I let the kids pick some. I especially like the Tiger Stripe pumpkin (white with orange stripes).
Working on our journals
We carved the large pumkin, but will keep the smaller ones with the gourds for our fall decorations. We also read the pumpkin poem from Barb's post and looked at the pictures of the pumpkin's life cycle as well.
Nyah's journal





Pumpkins! We are just now getting ready to do our study with pumpkins from Grandpa's garden.
ReplyDeleteI love the journal entries and the enthusiasm for this challenge. They have a lot of detail and I can tell they learned a lot.
Thanks so much for sharing your entry.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom