Wednesday, September 16, 2009

In the Garden

I expected to come home from my trips and find a dying garden, but to my surprise everything looked like it was doing well (except the containers on my back porch which are all yellow and crispy).


More of my sunflowers are finally blooming!!! Though I am horribly disappointed that NONE of my mammoth sunflowers even sprouted, much less bloom.
Autumn Beauty
Red Sun
Strawberry Blonde
Another Strawberry Blonde
My ONLY Fuzzy Face to bloom.
And I also have some surprise Wild Sunflowers blooming in my garden as well.
I also have lots that are done blooming and showing their seeds, like this Lemon Queen. I plan on harvesting seeds from all the varieties for next year's sunflower garden.
My garden companion and tomato eater (between the two of us none have made it to the kitchen yet!) digging in the sand box- with a spoon which can only have found its way outside while I was in South Carolina and Kurt was in charge- I found several throughout the yard.
Also, much to our surprise, a couple of strawberry seeds we left hanging in the window long after I thought they would turn to mush finally sprouted!!
Its good to be back in the garden, but the weeds definitely are attempting a hostile takeover of the yard. Work for Saturday I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment