Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Series #1 - April 2010

I loved the quote Barb used when she posted the challenge on her blog, Handbook of Nature Study, and want to share it here:
"Like a friend is a tree, in that it needs to be known season after season and year after year in order to be fully appreciated. A person who has not had an intimate, friendly acquaintance with some special tree has missed something from like."
-Anna Botsford Comstock, A Study of a Tree
It made me to think about the favorite trees from my past. Climbing, swinging, making tree houses, and lots of falling. Being 6 months pregnant I am not going to be climbing any trees in the near future.
A's Tree, with A in the background fighting off imaginary enemies with a giant screw he found in the empty lot behind us.

New buds
A's journal page-

N's tree. This is also my tree, but I haven't had an opportunity to do my journal page.
Coming soon - new leaves!
She was so excited to find a bug on her tree, especially one she had just learned about on a field trip to a local garden center. The boxelder bug is a "bad bug" and was flicked off the tree (onto the 3 year old who was not so excited to meet it).
N's journal page-

4 comments:

  1. It looks like spring is coming to your tree soon! Keep watching for the leaves as the weeks go by and it will be an amazing transformation....love your journal entries this week too.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spirits always lift when I see those first buds. :-) I look forward to seeing what your tree looks like a little further into spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing in the Monthly recap - Cute little tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be too happy either if a bad bug was flicked on me :) I bet your tree is full of leaves now!

    ReplyDelete