Its time to move on to a new artist - Vincent Van Gogh coming up! - but first we needed to finish Pablo Picasso. I let the kids pick one of the pictures we have studied over the last couple months and then had them do a reproduction of it. While we spend some time learning about the artist's life, the point of our Artist Study is to be able to recognize the artist's work. So this is like our final exam for Pablo Picasso.
A's - Still Life with Bulls Head, 1958
N's - Child Playing with a Toy Truck , 1953
See how focused and peaceful O is coloring beside A & N? Such a deceptive sight.
Here she is after I was pulled away to answer a phone call (Hello Amelia!) - marker all over her face and arms, eating the cinnamon & sugar for toast. She probably had some butter too. Thankfully J was napping or I shudder to think what would have happened.
A's - Still Life with Bulls Head, 1958
N's - Child Playing with a Toy Truck , 1953
See how focused and peaceful O is coloring beside A & N? Such a deceptive sight.
Here she is after I was pulled away to answer a phone call (Hello Amelia!) - marker all over her face and arms, eating the cinnamon & sugar for toast. She probably had some butter too. Thankfully J was napping or I shudder to think what would have happened.P.S. My sweet N is a major perfectionist and shed multitudes of tears over things in her picture she thinks are wrong. She didn't want me taking pictures or sharing them, so if you have a moment, please leave a kind word for her and A - thank you!

A: love the expression of the dog and the clouds.
ReplyDeleteN: good colour balance with the soft green. Picasso's background was busy: your way helps us focus on the intense boy with the truck.
I hope you enjoy Picasso for the rest of your lives as you discover more about his work.