Here are some things we will be doing to celebrate St. patrick's Day this week:
Online Videos- We will probably watch the ones about the History, St. Patrick, shamrocks, and green.
A Yahoo!Answers page with some great looking links to Leprechaun stories, but I don't know which ones or if we will use these - we have several pictures books about Irish fairy tales that we will read. I also found this simple article about the Legend of the Irish Leprechauns (to remind myself about all the little details!).
Here is a link to an Irish Blessing copywork pages - I put this together with some coloring pages I found online (search "st. patrick's day coloring pages") to make a book for my kids for the week.
I found this wonderful new-to-me website that does audio stories - Storynory. There is a great collection of tales about St. Patrick (and I'm super excited about many of the other stories I found!)
I remember in elementary school coming into the classroom and finding leprechaun footprints all over the room leading to a treat, and I aways intend to do it for my own kids but usually forget. I'm already thinking about it a few days ahead of time so maybe it will happen this year. I'm going to use the great idea of tracing an pair of baby shoes to make the footprints.
I've also toyed with the idea of having Lucky Charms for breakfast, but due to my pregnancy I find myself unfortunately suceptible to gobbling up all the sweet goodies in my path so I don't know if I dare bring one of my favorite cereals into the house. Oh come on, be realistic!! That isn't going to stop me.
And we will have a traditional dinner of Corned Beef, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. Austin asks for this dinner year-round, because he loves the corned beef not the veggies, but I'll take dinner successes where I can.
Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment