Nature Study
We continue to do the Outdoor Hour Challenges from Barb's blog Handbook of Nature Study. Thank goodness this is so easy to do.
For our nature tales we are wrapping up Pagoo by Holling C. Holling - we stopped reading this after O's accident in the fall, and then the holidays disrupted us, and then we started back up in the new year. We may start Secrets of the Woods by William J. Long next, or save it for next year and read some stories by Thornton Burgess to finish out this year.
Science
We finished up the God's Design for Life: The Animal Kingdom and will be starting Exploring Creation with Atronomy soon.
I never did get Science: 100 Scientists Who Changed the World - I finally cancelled it after several months of waiting. I didn't start The Story of Inventions and plan on using it for next year. After I pre-read Look at the Sky and Tell the Weather I felt we should save it for when we start a weather study.
We will be saving the rest of our science experiments in Backyard Scientist for next year as well. When we start Astronomy we are going to set up our telescope and do some old fashioned star gazing to replace science experiments.
No comments:
Post a Comment