4 Moms Open House: Kitchen & Dining Room
I thought this open house would be fun to join. I may go back and do our yard and entryway - should I have some spare time!? Here is our kitchen and dining room. These are located at the back of our house. We have a small deck but because of the height and little kids we don't have our outside table and chairs up there. But the kids still like to have picnics out there sometimes.
Kitchen - the picture was during breakfast and before we had a chance to clean up some. We usually do clean up in the mornings. On the fridge we keep our picture for our Artist Study (Van Gogh right now). There is also our daily schedule, school schedule, and kids chore charts - these change weekly as I see the need so I don't do anything more permanent than paper! We don't use the counter for school very much - mostly when I need to separate kids to keep them from distracting each other, though sometimes they do decide to work there. The cupboards under the bar hold our art supplies.
Mostly (aside from meals of course) we use the kitchen table for art projects a couple days a week. I like to cover the table with a vinyl table cloth to protect it and let the kids go to work - play doh, painting, stickers, whatever they've picked! In the lower right hand corner you can see an old coffee-table-turned-kids-table where the kids will eat, play, or color. All the kids like to sit on the window sills and look out on the world.
You can join the open house or check out the many different kitchens and dining rooms at any of the links at the beginning of the post!!


Interesting idea....turning an old coffee table into a kids table. I keep looking at kids' tables and cringe at the prices and all along I could have been using the old coffee table sitting in storage...doh!!!
ReplyDeleteGod's Blessings!
Beautiful kitchen. I love the color of your countertops and floor. Are they the same color? I totally understand about the deck furniture...I'm totally paranoid about the little ones climbing up on the chairs and climbing over the rail.
ReplyDeleteVicki- I've added some pictures of the tile and countertop for you!
ReplyDeleteVickie- I did the same thing for a long time!! And then I saw one of their small chairs pulled up to it realized it could be a table!