Saturday, August 15, 2009

Learning all the time

These are random photos from this week of some of the things the kids have been doing. We haven't officially started our school year yet, but I am working on getting us back to our school schedule instead of being able to run wild all day. There is naturally some resistance to this, but luckily my kids are learning all the time and don't even realize it!!

The kids wrote letters to their Grandparent Laws' and I wanted to show Austin's. I was quite impressed with his spelling, considering we have never had a spelling lesson. I think its funny he puts a "period" after every word to show where they end. Something to talk about I suppose.
The kids pulled out a magnet learning kit we have and worked through the instruction book, as well as coming up with their own experiments.
Coloring together! I get excited whenever Nyah lets Olivia sit next to her. Olivia doesn't always stick to her own coloring book.
When I had to help the little girls with something, Austin jumped in to help Nyah with her reading. Its wonderful to see them working together peacefully.
While the older two and I worked on math, Olivia and Jolie entertained themselves by pulling some kitchen chairs together to make a platform to play on. Looking at books was the tame part, running around and almost falling off was the wild part.
Olivia has been working on her scissor skills while I work with the older two on other projects. I love to see how hard she is concentrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment