Because we were struck with a nasty round of sickness, we only completed part of our challenge. We read about dogs and foxes, but didn't get to the wolves. When I looked at the pbs page for pbs wolf video I was interested in the lesson links to the side bar, especially sections of "Who's Afraid of the Big bad Wolf", like the different types of communication, so I will hopefully work that into our lessons soon.
Lucky us, we have a very willing volunteer to help us with this nature challenge. The greatest challenge was trying to get our dachschund, Dade, to sit still for a photo, because as soon as he realizes he's the center of attention he dashes up close, wagging his tail, sticking his nose in the camera lens, and trying to lick everything at once.
Our discussion got pretty funny when we were talking about dogs-- What do they eat? Dog food, stuffed animals, plastic, toilet paper, and so on. What do dogs like to do? lay in the sun, sneak into the bathroom for toilet paper, lick the baby's face and hands, and so on. Some of the fun things we learned about foxes are that foxes like to eat fruit, and that a black fox is not a different type of fox, but just a red fox with a different coat.
Nyah's journal picture of a red fox and black fox.


Loved your entry for this challenge. I love the discussion and the journal pages too. I have been procrastinating this challenge and I know we will find out some interesting things so you have inspired me to get going on it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your entry,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom